Thursday, October 17, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Everyone on TV appears to be wearing the color pink to remind us all that breast cancer needs more research and lots of money to cure this disease.  There are daily programs about breast cancer, talk show hosts and commentators wearing pink ribbons and every member of every football team can be seen sporting pink socks, shoes and towels.  I, too, believe this to be a very serious disease; I just think that we're going about this problem from the wrong angle.

We all understand and, I think, agree with the concept that the prevention of a disease is so much better than the horrific costs, in terms of money and life, that we incur from trying to cure a disease.  I don't know how many billions of dollars have been spent so far, but, as far as I know, the major amount of money has been spent on breast cancer patient treatment approaches....mostly radiation, radical surgery and chemotherapy.  I have been asked to discuss breast cancer prevention options, so that is going to be my focus for the remainder of the month.

We're going to explore the following major categories: diet, lifestyle, nutritional support and technology and how all of these can impact our health, generally, and cancer, specifically.  I have been told by a member of a younger generation that I need to keep the information simple and easy to access via mobile devices.  As such, I will do my best to keep the information simple and short. 

<ahref=http://fixdhealthcare.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment