Wednesday, June 29, 2016

One Woman's Goof is Another's "Creative" Recipe

I had the bright idea to make Salmon cakes (you know, crab cakes without the crab) today and it turned into something else.  Here's what I did and what I created out of the mistake.

In my Food Processor, I put a couple of tablespoons of cilantro and the same amount of red onion and processed this for about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl, a couple of times.  Then, I added 2 cans of sockeye Salmon (wild caught, only) and about 1/3 of a cup of my homemade mayonnaise (recipe in an earlier blog).  I believe that is where I went wrong...too much mayonnaise for Salmon cakes, but the perfect amount for my new recipe.

Along with: 1/3 tsp. pink salt
                    1/4-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
                    1/2-1 tsp. onion powder
                    1/2 tsp. paprika
                    1/4 tsp. chipolte powder
                    juice of 1 lime

I processed all of this for about 2 minutes, stopping a couple of times to scrape the bowl.  Once I looked at the mixture, it resembled a mousse or dip!  No amount of bread crumbs would turn this into Salmon cakes!

So, there you have it.  Add some bloomed gelatin, put the mixture into a greased mold, chill for 4-6 hours and voile! mousse.  I don't have any molds, so I'm going to serve this (minus the gelatin) as a dip with lots of seasonal fresh vegies and my GF parmigana biscuits....recipe on my website: www.fixdhealthcare.com.

Dr. Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment