Friday, February 19, 2016

A Really Good Cookie Mix

As most of you know, I normally bake from scratch.  I do use Pamela's Baking Mix as a gluten free flour base for my cakes, brownies and cookies, but that's normally as far as it goes.  However, I decided to take a leap and try a chocolate chip cookie baking mix the other day.

I have to confess that I'm somewhat of a chocolate chip cookie snob.  I'm very particular about them as they are my all-time favorite cookie.  They need to be a bit crispy (not hard) on the outside, a bit soft on the inside and full of chocolate chips and chocolate flavor, preferably dark chocolate.  That's a rather tall order and since I must admit failure on my own as well as an extreme dislike for any of the purchased varieties, it was with little expectation that I tried the mix.

I am announcing that I have found the perfect mix: Pamela's Chocolate Chip Cookie mix.   Who knew?  I only added a bit of cinnamon and unsalted macadamia nuts to the mixture and, whodathunkit, but victory!  My husband ate 4 of them, he liked them so much.  So, for those of you looking for a GF chocolate chip cookie that is very, very tasty...this one's it.

Dr. Esther
drkollars@gmail.com
fixdhealthcare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment