Monday, February 29, 2016

A couple of Suggestions About the Cookie Mix

I've been playing around with the Pamela's chocolate chip cookie mix.  It's very good, but I always like to see if I can improve on any prepared mixes.

The directions say to add one large egg and, if need be, add 1-2 tablespoons of water if the mixture is too dry.  I have found it to be too dry, so this time I added 2 medium sized eggs and didn't need the extra water.  Now, what that does is to yield a softer cookie on the inside while allowing the crispy outside to remain.  For me, that's the perfect chocolate chip cookie.

The next time, I'm going to try adding peanut butter instead of the one stick of butter that the recipe calls for.  The addition of the macadamia nuts makes for a really tasty cookie.  One thing; my husband likes the nuts put on the top of the cookies so that they get a little roasted while baking.  Yum.  You could also try doing the same with walnuts or pecans, if your preference is for those nuts.

Dr. Esther
drkollars@gmail.com
fixdhealthcare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment