Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Probiotics Help Prevent Tooth and Gum Disease

According to Dr. Alex Shvartsman, a wholistic dentist that I'm "linkdin" with, probiotics are a tool that he uses in his treatment and care of gum disease and tooth decay.  As I have said before, I wish he could be my dentist as I have never run into any other dentist that is actively practicing naturopathically (he's also an ND).

One word of caution, here. Not all probiotics are equally effective.  Even if the probiotics are manufactured from a "natural" source, there is only one sub-type of each of the different bacteria groups that has been shown to be biomedically active,and therefore, helpful.  That would rule out all the commercially sold products that supposedly contain active bacteria.

I wrote a blog on August 2, 2013, which contained information from a study about this very topic that supports the validity of Dr. Shvartsman's therapy.

<ahref=http://fixdhealthcare.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment