Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Dermatologist shares some skin care secrets...a use for soy milk!

I was listening to a dermatologist talking about some of the most frequent skin care problems that he treats.  It appears that he isn't particularly impressed with the extremely expensive skin care products on the market, today.  He had some alternative treatment suggestions, using products that most of us have in our refrigerator or pantry.

The first remedy is for sun damaged skin we usually refer to as, "age spots."  I was very excited when I saw this combination as it gives me a reason to buy soy milk...something I had never thought I would do.  Here's the formula:

1 Tbsp. of soy milk
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. natural honey (not the refined type)

Mix together in a small bowl and apply it to the areas of damage.  Allow it to dry on for about 20 minutes.  Repeat this procedure until the age spots fade.  He said that it could take up to 6-8 weeks before you see a difference.  I'm going to try this, myself, because I just noticed a few tiny spots beginning on the back of my right hand.  Even though my husband says he can't see anything, I can.  Any of you who decide to try this formula, I'd love to hear from you....we can all be a "test market" for this combination.

He also has a remedy for "laugh lines" and lines around the nose and lips. I'd have to buy regular milk for this one; I'm not really sure that I want to do that.  I've convinced myself that, at my age, there's little hope for changing that problem!  Here's the formula:

2 tsp. of cow's milk
2 tsp. apple juice
1 egg white

Beat the egg white and other ingredients until frothy.  Apply the mixture to the affected areas for 20 minutes.  You can use this under the eyes, too, if you have puffiness in that area.  According to the dermatologist, you should begin to see a difference almost immediately.

<ahref=http://fixdhealthcare.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment