Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Can Using the Right Supplement Company Really Make a Difference?

First, I suppose it would be a good idea for me to define what my opinion is concerning the "right" supplement company.  For the past 27 plus years I have used many different supplement suppliers in my practice...Innate, Progressive Labs, Douglas Labs, Metagenics, Shoko, Green's Nutritionals, Sun Chlorella, to name the ones I remember.  But, I have never really been happy with the results that I have gotten from any of these companies when it comes to correcting significant health problems...these companies are all fairly good for everyday general supplementation.

Last summer, a young woman came into my office with some very significant symptoms.  She has given me permission to discuss her case.  She told me that she had been to a number of medical and alternative care doctors, including Yale medical doctors, all to no avail.  She had no energy, would have bouts of fatigue so significant that she was literally stopped in her tracts and her blood work showed ferritin levels (amount of available iron in the blood) so low that I was amazed that she was even able to function.  For whatever reason, no one was able to get these levels up to normal.

I had her start on individualized formulations that specifically targeted not only raising her ferritin levels, but also those that would allow the body to utilize those formulations. They were all from Standard Process.  She was (and still is) one of the most compliant and cooperative patients I have ever treated...she took everything and did everything I suggested.  Raising ferritin levels in the cells is much more difficult than raising hemoglobin or iron levels in the blood. It took three months until she was able to see consistent results from the program. 

Then, in the late Fall, she came into the office and told me she was pregnant.  Wow.  That really forced us to step up our game as the amount of available iron to a developing fetus is foundationally vital to its development.  She didn't have health insurance and couldn't afford to get blood work done, so we were flying blind for a while.  To add to the whole picture, this patient is also a vegetarian, so getting her ferritin levels to normal was even more of a challenge.

Last week this patient wrote to me and told me that her blood work showed completely normal ferritin levels.  She has been feeling wonderful all through her pregnancy, didn't have a day of morning sickness or any illnesses and, now, her critically low ferritin levels are normal.  I am ecstatic, as is she.

I can honestly say that no other company offers the incredible variety and quality of formulations that Standard Process and MediHerb offers.  I couldn't have helped this patient without them...that is the simple truth.

Dr. Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment